As you may or may not know taking care of your Jos Cosmetics London makeup brushes is imperative. This is how to determine whether or not your brushes will last due to how you keep them.
Also lets be honest if you do not clean them it will breed bacteria which can affect your skin.
Even though we know this, cleaning our makeup brushes still feels like a chore and we still forget to do it.
Here is a step by step guide on how to clean your makeup brushes
1. shampoo/ washing up liquid
3. Luke warm water
4. Makeup brush cleaning mat (optional)
1. Rinse the brushes under warm water treatment get rid of any oils.
2. Take a pea sized amount of shampoo/washing up liquid and rub it into the brush until it lathers on your hand or the makeup up brush cleaning mat.
3. Gently swirl the brush in a circular rotation and by doing this you will see dirt/colours from your brush wash out.
4. Rinse the brush under the Luke warm water until all shampoo is out. Try not to let water touch the metal ferrel as this loosens the brush head and can damage the brushes.
5. Squeeze the excess water from your brushes
6. Take a paper towel or napkin and place on a table. Lay your brushes flat facing down for it to dry.
Do not let your brushes dry sitting upwards as water will drip downwards into the metal ferral and can cause loosening of the glue which creates bristle fallout in your brushes.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 if your brushes need another wash.
To prolong the lifespan of your brushes proper care is needed, also it will prevent bacteria transferring on to your skin.
In between washes you can also use a brush a cleaner for the up keep of your brushes.
We are committed to ensuring our products are made of great quality, especially our makeup brushes. By taking care of them this ensures they last longer.